Are you looking for a MacBook Pro screen repair? One of the most important parts of a laptop is the laptop screen. Without this, it would be impossible to use the laptop since there is no way to show your input and processes.
A damaged screen laptop has a negative effect on the user especially if being used for school or business. It can decrease productivity, can cause digital eyestrain, fatigue and a lot more. That is why it is important to have a good quality screen for your laptops or desktops.
What are the usual damages that can occur to your MacBook pro screen?
- Pixel Defects – Pixels creates the pictures or images you see on your laptop. Dead pixel are pixels that do not light up. They usually look like a tiny black square on your monitor that can spread on other parts of your screen. Most instances that cause defect pixels are manufacturing defect but a physical damage can be a reason too.
- Fuzzy or Blurry Picture – the display will have a distorted lines and/or colors that appears on the screen. With this problem, it is almost impossible or difficult to see clearly what you are projecting on your laptop’s screen.
- Inadequate Screen Brightness – This is a usual problem especially with the plasma and LCD because it tends to dim or fade over time. Physical damages to the wiring of display power can also cause an inadequate laptop screen brightness or worst, black screen, which is due for a replacement already.
- Cracked Screen – a shattered laptop screen that causes visual damage or obstruction. The damage of a cracked screen is deeper than the glass that usually needs replacement.
Repairing a screen depends on the size and resolution of the laptop. Apple is using a Retina Display brand name for the series of IPS LCD and OLED that allows the screen to display a higher pixel density than traditional Apple displays.
The user interface widget is doubled in width and height to amend for the smaller pixels (one (1) logical pixel is equal to four (4) physical pixels). With Retina, the images and text appear much sharper than in a standard display.
Why replaced a damage MacBook Pro Screen?
Apple designed their screen quite durable and long-lasting and are meant to withstand a bit of wear and tear. Since accidents like dropping your laptop off to a table or desk or hitting the screen with some sharp object and heavy use can happen, unfortunately this still can lead to a screen repair and replacement. Even if sometimes it’s only a small crack, if you don’t fix it urgently, it can get worse overtime.
MacBook Pro screen tends to also become blemished and scratched from continuous use. This daily wear and tear build up overtime and eventually make your screen to look cloudy or looked scratch. It may not be a cracked yet, but this can also lead to screen replacement.
How to replace a MacBook Pro screen?
If your MacBook is still under warranty by Apple or other providers, then it is best to bring it to their service center for replacement. Other users tend to fix it on their own during the warranty period but this will cause them to lose their unit’s warranty. If your unit is no longer under warranty, then there are ways to replace it on your own if you have the materials needed, and knowledge and/or experience to do it.
However, if you are not confident to replace your own laptop screen, and your warranty has already lapsed, you can check repair centers that underwent the Independent Repair Provider program.
This program is designed for companies interested to provide repair services to out-of-warranty Apple products.
Through the program, qualifying companies can gain access to Apple’s genuine parts, tools, training, and resources necessary to provide service repairs; hence, you can be more assured that your laptop screen will get an Apple-like repair.
You can check the Apple website to check which local repair centers near you are part of this program. But should you wish to DIY your screen replacement, here are the few steps:
- Make sure to have the materials you need
- MacBook Pro
- Replacement Screen
- Screen Clothing Cloth
- Suction Cup
2. Heat the edges of the Broken Screen
- Turn on the hairdryer
- Heat the edges of the cracked laptop screen (Keep the dryer close to the screen)
- Observe the edges because as your heat it, it will loosen the adhesive holding it.
3. Remove Old Cracked Screen
- Attach the suction cup to the screen by pressing it firmly to the glass.
- Lift up slowly and firmly then your screen will come off the laptop.
4. Clean MacBook Pro Screen Surface and New Screen
- Using the screen clothing cloth, polish the display surface of the new screen to be installed.
- Make sure to clean every fingerprint and blemish of your new screen before installing it.
5. Install the New Screen
- Heat the adhesive strips that surround the edge of your new screen using the hairdryer.
- Remove the adhesive strips carefully.
- Put the new screen in place and make sure that it is aligned correctly.
- Press the edges of the screen with the cleaning cloth for better attachment of the adhesive.
- Once installed and placed correctly, remove the plastic cover protecting the screen. Heat the edges another round using the hairdryer.
- Using the cleaning cloth, press the edges firmly then you’re done.
Replacing a MacBook Pro screen looks and sounds easy and can be done by yourself, but this process should be done by a professional to avoid damaging it more.
If you would like to receive professional help in fixing and replacing your damaged MacBook Pro Screen, please contact Laptop Repair Sydney. You may reach them at (02) 8081 2555. Their service center is open from Monday to Friday 9:00 in the morning up to 05:30 in the afternoon.
They do repair services not just with laptops but also iPad, tablets, notebooks, galaxy notes, and other devices. They have experienced technicians that can handle everything from LCD replacement, reformatting, data recovery, and migration.