When there is something wrong with your laptop especially with your screen, it is distracting and sometimes frustrating or devastating. With HP LCD screens, you might see lines, patterns, and/or black spots on the display that can increase over time. Some screens are cracked. As you look for solutions online for HP LCD Screen replacement, there are a lot of articles that you can find to avoid spending a lot of money for a repair or replacement. Of course, hiring a professional may be necessary if your screen is unsalvageable. But in case you might want to try it, these are the things to take note of or know in replacing it.
- Signs of Screen Damage
- Defective – a screen that is not working properly without any physical damage to the screen. Flickering and unresponsiveness are one of the signs of a defective screen.
- Cracked – a screen that has physical damage like cracks or chips due to physical damage.
- Swelling – a screen that has been too much exposed to hot and cold weather, swelling can happen due to radical change conditions. Discoloring, irregular pixilation, or problems with the backlight are some of the signs of the swelling screen.
- Replacing the screen by yourself
Make sure to have the necessary tools as you decide to replace your screen by yourself. Buy or order the new screen and make sure it has the right one by looking up the serial number of your laptop.
- Prepare the tools like magnetic Philip screwdrivers, putty knife, or similar object to remove the screen bezel, a small dish to hold screws, adhesive tape, or any tape to secure the new LCD to the laptop frame.
- Turn off your laptop and make sure it is unplugged from the power outlet and remove the battery to avoid electric shock.
- Gently remove the bezel. Remove the screws that are visible and place them on the dish so you will not lose any. Use a putty knife or any flat object, it may take a little effort or force to completely remove it. There is a chance that you will hear some plastic snapping – don’t worry since it is the unfastening of the plastic tabs that hold your screen onto your case.
- Once the bezel is completely removed, gently remove the LCD from the left and right sides. If you find more screws or heavy-duty tape, gently remove it first.
- Gently lie your screen on your keyboard to avoid ruining the video cable that usually runs from the back of the screen to the body of the laptop. Disconnect the cable from the LCD, there may be some tape that needs to be removed.
- Now it is time to install your new screen. Place it face down within the frame so it fits perfectly then reconnect the video connector again. Make sure all sides are attached and all screws or tape or back.
- Once all sides are tightened, you may put the bezel back and reinsert all the screws you removed.
- Return the battery and reconnect your laptop to a power source before turning it on. If there is no display issue, then your replacement was successful.
- Finding a reliable Laptop Repair Service
In cases, like you do not want to try replacing it by yourself or something went wrong while replacing it, seeking professional help is advisable. Find a certified technician that knows the brand of the computer well, is trained and experienced working with this.
Purchasing instead of Replacing
There is a certain level of replacement that is still worth it or not. Can it still meet your demands? Sometimes the cost of replacing your screen is much cheaper than buying a new laptop but if your device has other existing issues and problems, you might want to purchase a new one instead of repairing and replacing over and over again. It is wise to weigh the repair or replacement cost against the age and condition of your device. This kind of decision can be consulted through a professional technician since they will give you a whole picture of the status of your laptop and if it is still worth repairing or replacing.
Reliable Laptop Repair in Sydney, Australia
Do not just trust anyone with your MacBook repairs. Consult with professionals. One of the leading Repair services in Sydney is the Laptop Repair Sydney. We provide services for Laptops, MacBook, iPad, Tablets, notebooks, and galaxy notes. We have experienced technicians that are extensively trained to handle repairs from Screen replacement, reformatting, data recovery, and migration to extensive repairs. We have serviced 30000 customers over the last 15 years and counting. Most of them are returned customers because of the quality and fast of service we give.
MacBook Air Pickup and return service from SA, I received the laptop back in 3 days, awesome guys, good job.
Had my laptop screen repaired in 20 min while I wait, perfect service. will recommend it to my friends.
We provide repair services such as:
• Laptop screen repair
• Laptop Touch Screen Repair
• LCD cable repair
• DC Power Jack repair
• Motherboard replacement
• keyboard repair / replacement
• plastics (palm rest / top case, the base assembly, bezel)
• Software installation
LAPTOP SCREEN REPAIR SERVICE AREAS – AUSTRALIA WIDE
Though our main service center is in Sydney, we can still cater quality service to different parts of Australia. Laptop Screen Repair Service Areas in all regions:
• Australian Capital Territory (ACT)
• New South Wales (NSW)
• Northern Territory (NT)
• Queensland (QLD)
• South Australia.
• Western Australia
We know how important it is to have a reliable laptop either for school, work, or for fun. Helping you is our number one priority, you can contact us by email, phone, fax, or even live chat.
• IT Tools PL T/A Laptop Repair.Sydney
• C7 / 13-15 Forrester Str Kingsgrove, NSW, 2208.
• Telephone: 02 8081 2555
• FAX: 02 9150 6115
• Office hours are from Monday to Friday 9:00 am – 5:30 pm